Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Accounting/time tracking/job costing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjeppesen

Civil/Environmental
Jun 12, 2003
US
I recently left a firm that used Deltek Advantage for Accounting, Billing, Time Tracking, Job Costing, etc. I really liked it. Now I've joined a firm that uses an older version of Quickbooks. It's just not comparable to Deltek. Lots of spreadsheets, importing/exporting, etc. Not streamlined/automatic at all. Owner wants to get better software than Quickbooks but Deltek's program (Vision) is now 5-figures at a minimum.

What are you using? Ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

With an opinion that often made me unpopular with colleagues on the suitability of such software, I too was working for a company that used Deltek products. I really liked the Deltek Vision package, but others who were trained on the basis of the 'old' package did not have as much fun.

My biggest frustration was that they insisted on trying to get it to work just like their old software (which was written by some dude working in his garage, apparently) rather than look at what the software offered them.

Apparently you can customise what packages you get (theres project and timeline functions, accounting, job costing including estimation and so on) and I assume the price can be 'customised' too.

As for smaller packages, I'm not, unfortunately, aware of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back