Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Actiflo- Any Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch81pc

Civil/Environmental
Jun 30, 2003
GB
Hi,

We are about to comission a new Actiflo clarifier (60 MLD) to treat potable water and was wondering if anyone had any experience (usefull tips or things to watch out for) with running one.

Thanks

Paul

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ch81pc
Contact your supplier for locations of similar installations, or look up the references that where submitted with the project. I have seen one in operation on a plant tour, fascinating method of clarifier operation. Hope it works well in your application.
Hydrae

So Paul sez:
> We are about to comission a new Actiflo clarifier (60
> MLD)to treat potable water and was wondering if anyone
> had any experience (usefull tips or things to watch out
> for) with running one.

Hi!
Sorry for the delay in replying. I don't visit here as often as I would like. My local Regional Water System is running an Actiflo system that they installed a few years ago.

I have talked with the plant operator several times because we may soon recommend an Actiflo unit for an instrial client. I can provide you with the plant operator's contact info. He likes the system and always seems willing to discuss his experience.

Cheers!
Dave

Hi Dave

I would certainly be very interested in talking to him. Please feel free to contact me on ch81pc@hotmail.com.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back