Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AD 2000 Merkblatt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimsan

Industrial
Aug 12, 2003
GB
Can someone tell me the methodology of obtaining manufacturing approval to AD 2000 Merkblatt W0.
The company I represent manufactures raw forgings for the Oil Gas & Energy Secto.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Notified bodies can approve a manufacturer acc. to AD 2000 Merkblatt W0. The German TUEV is such a nodified body (amongst others). Were (what country) are your manufacturers located? TUEV has officies worldwide although I heard that not all companies (customers) accept approvals from Chinese TUEV branches for example.

Quote:
" although I heard that not all companies (customers) accept approvals from Chinese TUEV branches"

micalbrch, that's kind of interesting, do you perhaps also now the reasoning behind that? Subpar auditing?

There are doubts that Chinese TUEV branches act independent but approve companies due to the fact that they are either government controlled or because there are personal relationships. I want to point out that I have no personal experience and cannot confirm that this is correct. But I heard it from customers who do not accept some Chinese TUEV branch approvals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back