Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADAMS/CAR ARB to Frame Displacement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTRace

Automotive
Sep 19, 2020
CA
Hello,

I am just starting on using ADAMS/Car for my Formula SAE team and I'm using the standard model provided by MSC. I have modified our suspension hardpoints including the ARB and I'm trying to look at the forces and displacement of the ARB leaf link (or cantilever arm). Under PostProcessor, I see the request bgl_arb_to_frame_disp, I wanted to know what that means. The name tells me its ARB to Frame displacement but I want to know what point of the ARB and displacement relative to what point of the Frame. I am using a U-bar type ARB in the model as shown in image attached.

Thanks!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=35cd9d95-a1fb-485b-82d1-43698ad22d5e&file=ARB.PNG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Typically the arb is mounted in rubber D blocks. The only logical meaning of this request that I can think of is that it is the deflection of the D block. Try increasing the stiffness of the D block to see if it reduces. Typical D block rate is 2000-6000 N/mm, anything more than that and it is stiffer than the frame.

D block shown clearly in these photos

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back