Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADAMS/Car Suspension Analysis Tutorial Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjdoyle

Automotive
Nov 20, 2009
US
Hello all,

Platform: Windows XP
Software: ADAMS/Car MD R3 Build 2008.1.0

My university has just installed ADAMS/Car and I am following the Suspension Analysis Tutorial. I have sucessfully created the subsystem and assembly. I have also defined the vehicle parameters using the values given in the tutorial. However after performing a parallel wheel travel analysis as instructed in the tutorial I recieve the following error:

Adams/Tire MD R3/abg_varext
**** Error:
Unknown tire GFORCE/ 1

---- ERROR ----
abg_varext: Aborting Execution
ID = 1

Terminating Adams/Car usersubs...

Adams/Solver execution terminated by subprogram ERRMES

My logic may be wrong but is the software trying to pull a tire GFORCE value from ADAMS/Tire? If so that software is not installed on our university computers.

I tried searching the kb, I read that for ADAMS/Car tire models are not needed to be defined like in ADAMS/View? I also tried using one of the tire models in the database instead of user defined and then the error stated that it could not locate the file.

Thanks for any help or input.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It can't find your tire model. You don't need /Tire. Go back to the build phase and locate the tire file correctly.

A better question is - why does a parallel ride sim need to know anything about the tire? Well, it doesn't, but it looks for it anyway.

Cheers

Greg Locock

SIG:please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Should add I haven't ever use /Car so my terminology may be off, but I think you'll find that is the correct explaantion.

Longer explanation - the GUI translates your model into a .adm or .cmd file and a .acf file, which is what the Solver (the computational guts of ADAMS) actually runs, if you look in those files you'll see it has abruptly stopped writing at or just before the GFORCE statement.

Cheers

Greg Locock

SIG:please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Greg thank you for your replies. I spent some time trying do locate the file properly as you say. Still resulting in the same error. The trouble is I am just opening a MDI demo vehicle to perform these tutorials so the tire file is already located for me and defined. I have tried to change the tire file to one of the included samples but it still produces the same error. Thanks for your help I am going to keep working at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back