Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adams/Car Truck Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred88

Automotive
Oct 28, 2018
IT
Hi everybody!
Is there someone skilled with Adamms/Car Simulation? I'm manipulating a truck assembly (tractor+semitrailer) in Adams/Car environment adding a device able to apply forces on a test tire (to be fitted under the trailer rigid body). The simulation aborted several times: maybe there's an error with the "mounting part" used to link the trailer body subsystem to the tire test rig one. I set the "minor role" for the subsystem as "any" and "analysis" for the "major role" but the two subsystems seem not to "talk" each other!!! Should I create the tire test rig directly on the rigid trailer body switching in Adams/View without creating a new Template in Adams/Car?

Thank you all

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

On the plus side there is an MSC ADAMS forum on this site
On the minus side I scarcely use CAR and have never used TRUCK, and I seem to be the only contributor to that forum recently.

Have you tried MSC support directly, or their user forums, which are pretty good?

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back