Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADAS for triax (CU,UU), 1d consol 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfljoe

Geotechnical
May 22, 2006
US
Does anybody have personal experience with a particular automated data acquisition system that they would highly recommend? I'm looking to upgrade from our current system, which has caused years of frustration, but remained the only budget-feasible option until now. At the moment, I'm leaning towards ELE's DS7, but have been unable to obtain any personal references, especially regarding triaxial testing and ability to customize to different parameters. Any other suggestions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We recently upgraded from DS6 to DS7. My only issues so far are that calibrations must be done in SI units, and raw data is only written in SI units to an ini file. As far as customization, it seems they follow AASHTO/ASTM/BS pretty strictly, but you do have the ability to create a user-defined test.

We have been using the Geotac Sigma-1 set up (triaxials) for several years now and have been pretty happy with it. I don't have a catalog, but my guess is that they could also hook you up with a 1d consol system as well.

1-713-596-9662

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back