Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add .exe to Custom NX toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

NXJockey

Automotive
Feb 9, 2009
GB
Hi all,

I have created a couple of NXopen custom apps for NX and compiled them to be .exe's

I cant seem to find away to add them to a NX toolbar '.tbr' file so that they will execute inside of NX

I have also tried to add them to a '.men' file, but NX executes them as if they were a system executables, not an executable to be run inside NX.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

NXJockey

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello.
Have you tried to add it directly using Customize? I have not added buttons for exe files, only journals, but I would imagine it should work for exe's as well. You can get to Cutomize through the menu but the easy way is to right click in the ribbon and select Customize at the bottom. You can also press Ctrl+1 to get to it. In the left pane of the dialog select New Item then in the right pane scroll down to New User Command. Drag that item to the toolbar, then right click, then at the bottom select Edit Action. I hope this helps but post back here again if you need more help.

NX 12.0.2
Testing series 1872
EVP's

Try compiling your code to a DLL file. DLL's are meant to be run internally in NX; EXE's (by default) are external, batch applications. Batch applications will start their own session of NX (no UI) when run.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back