Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding .bmp or .p2d file to flat surface in a assembly ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000mustanggtguy

Mechanical
Mar 16, 2005
US
How do I add a .bmp to an assembly front panel screen that I've drawn in SW without rendering ?
What I've drawn is a console and a frame and a whole mess of other brackets, frames, fasteners, joystick, keyboard, and i've also drawn a rugged flat panel screen, and i would like a data .bmp displayed in the screen area. It works when I use Decal in photoworks, by I want it to apear when I'm rotating the model around?

Printed Circuit Board Designer
Salt Lake City, Utah
Stangs rule!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi 2000mustanggtguy,

What you need to do is to insert a texture on the surface of the display screen. In order to do so you will need to do this...:

To create custom textures:

1-Create a folder in your installation directory where you want to store texture files.

2-Place any files to use as textures in the folder you created in step 1. The images must be in .jpg, .bmp, or .png format.

3-In the SolidWorks software, click Tools, Options, System Options, File Locations.

4-Select Textures in Show folders for, then click Add.

5-In the Browse For Folder dialog box, browse to the folder you created in step 1.

6-Click OK.

The next time you apply a texture, the folder path appears in the Texture PropertyManager in the Texture File Locations list, and you can select your custom textures.

Hope it helps

Colombo75
Industrial Designer
SW2005 SP3.1

Colombo75

Sr. Industrial Designer

Or download SW 2006 Pre release 1. In 2006 when you apply a decal in PhotoWorks it shows in the SolidWorks graphics window all the time.

Check out the Help files for Sketch Picture.

Basically, you open a sketch on a face of a part, then go to Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch picture and select an image. The image can then be re-sized & moved to suit.
The part can be placed into an assy with the picture showing.

[cheers]
Making the best use of this Forum. faq559-716
How to get answers to your SW questions. faq559-1091
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of. faq559-520

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back