Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Adding Elevation Parameter/Callout to a Column Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Beercan

Structural
Dec 22, 2023
US
I've looked into this issue several times before and haven't found a good solution. I've always done a work around.

I want to have the top elevation of a column called out in a column tag (beneath the column type).

We have a footing tag that has an "Elevation at Top" parameter that does exactly this, but the column tag family does not have this parameter. I've tried to create one unsuccessfully.

I can use the "Top Offset" parameter but for a project with different FFEs I have to make the offset relative to the 0'-0" level which may be an issue when connecting to RISA.

Appreciate any help/ direction to help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Here's a step-by-step guide on how you can do this:

Create a Shared Parameter: First, create a new shared parameter in your Revit project. Go to the "Manage" tab, then click on "Shared Parameters." Click on "Create," and define your new parameter with the appropriate settings, such as "Instance" or "Type" parameter, and assign it to the appropriate categories.

Add the Parameter to the Column Tag Family: Load the shared parameter into the column tag family. Edit the family, and insert a new label or text parameter. Associate this parameter with the shared parameter you created in step 1.
Configure the Parameter: Once the parameter is added to the family, configure it to display the elevation at the top of the column. You may need to use formulas or conditional statements to ensure accuracy, depending on your project requirements.

Apply the Tag to Columns: After configuring the parameter, save the changes to the family. Then, apply the updated tag to your columns in the project. The newly added parameter should now display the elevation at the top of each column.

By following these steps, you can create consistency in your tagging process and ensure that the elevation at the top of each column is accurately represented.
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back