Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding holes with holde wizard very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamaz17

Automotive
Aug 20, 2004
CA
When ever I add holes using the hole wizard they take a very long time to put in. The hole wizard feature pops up quickly then I go pick the holes I want, use the position tab to locate the holes, then when I click the check mark to accept, it takes like 30 seconds to a minute of just sitting there before it pops the holes in, even if it's just one hole. I am running 2006 service pack 2, does anyone else have this problem?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nope SW and the Hole wizard runs ecxtremly well for me.

What are you PC Specs?
What Video card and version of drivers are you using?
How many holes are you placing into the part using the Hole Wizard?

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
faq731-376

Hey Scott,

pc specs are 3.6ghz 2gb ram.. 3d labs realizm 100 256mb viddo, it's a brand new machine. Video card is running the drivers off the solidworks site. This happens even if you are placing only one hole in a part, even the in very simple parts.

I get probelms like this at work when the network is shakey and at home when my second hard drive has gotten bored and gone to sleep. ;-)
Crashj "hey, d:, wake up!"

--
Hardie "Crashj" Johnson
SW 2005 SP 4.0 (reluctant to change)
Matrox Millenium G550
AMD Athalon 1.8 GHz 512 Meg RAM

Where dose your hole wizard favorites database point to?
I have found that if the default.mdb file is not located in the folder you point to it will take a long time to upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back