Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding part property to ID symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHNLAYKE

Industrial
Sep 5, 2008
US
When we put ID symbols on an assembly drawing we have a split circle with the detail number on the top & the sheet number of the detail on the bottom. Is there a way to use an attribute from the part property that your attached to for filling in the sheet number. I have an attribute called SHEET_NO in each of the parts that would contain the sheet number. I have the text set for the lower text in the ID symbol dialog set for <W$=SHEET_NO> but when I do an update on the parts list the lower circle text stays blank. Thanks.

John

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The text you have entered to reference the attribute looks a bit off. Double click the symbol to edit it, click the [kbd]A[/kbd] icon next to the text input, expand the "symbols" section (if needed), change the category to "relationships", and finally use the "insert object attribute" to reference the desired component attribute.

www.nxjournaling.com

That works once the ID symbols are placed to manually edit them but is there a way to have that text placed when the ID symbols are inserted into the drawing. Having to manually go back in & edit each symbol would take a lifetime to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back