Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding text to assembly drawing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvonne

Industrial
Sep 14, 2002
GB
Hi
How do I add text to an assembly drawing?
So far I have made the text in a part drawing and inserted
but I think there must be a better way.
Thanks
Yvonne

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's exactly the same as in Drawings or Parts.

RMB the Feature Manager "Annotations" and make sure the "View Annotations" switch is selected. Select the "A" button in the Annotations toolbar, select an insertion point.....then type.

[cheers]
CorBlimeyLimey
Barrie, Ontario
faq559-863

Your terminology is confusing me as to what you are trying to do. Do you REALLY mean the PART DRAWING or the PART FILE. Note that PARTS, ASSEMBLIES and DRAWINGS are different types of files is SW. 'cos I don't see how text in a part DRAWING could show up in the assembly DRAWING, since never the twain shall mix. I'm not being rude, many of us used to older CAD systems often refer to "drawing" when we really mean a model "file" of some kind. I realize it is a tough habit to get out of.

Now, if you want the test to be part of the part model (as opposed to the flat "drawing" of it with border format and all that hooha) then CBL is right, you can just use annotations. If you want it to be an actual solid feature (like engraving, etc.) you have to use sketch text and create a feature from the sketch. I belive that if you want the text (in either case) to be done at the assembly stage, then you should just be able to do the same things in the assembly model file. You might have to make sure that annotations are turned on, though.

I was - and he did. So at least I didn't get coal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back