Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Additive manufacturing simulation abaqus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasr Daou

Mechanical
Jul 6, 2023
LB
Hello so I am working on a simulation process for fused deposition modelling and want to use abaqus basically I want to analyse how the material properties and temperature of the part are changing in-situ, can anyone help me with the simulation? I can’t find any tutorials online at all, your help will be highly appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are examples of additive manufacturing process simulations in Abaqus documentation for newer releases. Chapters describing those functionalities (such as Thermomechanical Analysis of FDM- and LDED-Type Additive Manufacturing Processes) will also be helpful.

Abaqus documentation for newer versions is available only for users with free account on Dassault Systemes website (called 3DExperience ID). If you search for "Dassault Systemes documentation" you will find the Product Documentation —> User Assistance —> SIMULIA website.

Thank you for your reply, it worked, however is there an exhaustive tutorial video? and also I am struggling to find a python script that generates the event series, can you share it please?

Search for the DS Knowledge Base article "Abaqus/CAE Plug-in Utility for Additive Manufacturing Process Simulation" (you may not have access to it though). It should contain written and video instructions for workshops regarding AM process simulations (using an older version of the AM Modeler plug-in).

The script is available in 3DSwym Simulia Community (search for generateEventSeries.py).

thank you okay so I found a python code and was able to generate the INP files. However, I need a structured step by step tutorial steps to simulate FDM using abaqus, I don't get why this is not aavailable anywhere, it feels like it is something confidential, like people help please its okay life is not competitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back