Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adept Integration for Solidworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggsbunny

Mechanical
Jul 9, 2010
US
Is anyone using Adept for Solidworks? Do you have any issues with it? I just started using it and I have problems when I open an assembly file, many of my components are suspended. Also, when opening a drawing file, my views disappear even though the part file is present, and even signed out at the same time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I used Adept a few years ago at a previous employer. I do not remember any specific problems with it, but I didn't use it for very long before leaving that organization.

This may or may not be directly applicable, but in my current PDM system I have seen this behaviour when the file locations for 'referenced documents' wasn't set to include all the locations the PDM program might put the files (for my system, that's four directories a file could reside in depending on its status). If one of the file locations isn't set, and that's where a referenced file is, it will get suppressed (or hidden if it's a drawing view that can't find a reference). This can happen at any point in which the files status are changed, and the suppressed/hidden state will be saved the first time it can't find something and won't automatically unsuppress/unhide if it can find it later in a future status.

When you open a file and SW cannot find references, SW tells you and prompts you to relocate it. When my PDM system does opens/closes files automatically as part of the status change process, this warning message is suppressed, so you don't know something has gone missing until you try to open it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back