Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe 3D 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think the only product to publish from Pro/E to Adobe 3D is made by Right Hemisphere.

I don't think there is direct integration with Pro/Process (yet) but between that and Arbortext (PTC's latest aquisition), there is a lot of potential.

I used Acrobat 3D. Cute and nice results. Work nice for parts, haeavy for assemblies.

JKG, with Acrobat 3D you can simply open a .prt or .asm file (no versions allowed after .prt or asm!!!). You don't need right hemisphere. I did it and it worked great for me.

-Hora

What is nice about Acrobat 3D is that once you create your page with it, anyone with only Acrobat reader 7.0+ can rotate, zoom and pan your part. Great tool from Adobe. And probably this is only the begining.

You can choose from shade, wireframe, hidden lines, no hidden lines, change lights, shadows and much more. You can create sections, but the model displayed is not a solid, but only surfaces. Give it a try!

-Hora

WF3 will do a save as PDF from drawings (no need for Acrobat) but I don't think it will embed the 3D. You can not save to PDF from a part or assembly. Looks like you have to have Acrobat 7 to get the 3D.

Only Acrobat 3D (7.07+) which is NOT Acrobat 7 allows to import ProE, CATIA, UG, Solidworks etc, etc formats. Of course we talk about parts, assy and not drawings.

Acrobat 3D 7 has all options of Acrobat 7 plus the 3D formats. It's cool.

-Hora

Acrobat 3D is doing the same thing as Edrawings only better. I did the webcast it was very impressive. Since Acrobat is the format of choice for sending stuff over the net then they will capture a large portion of this business.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

The acrobat 3d product 7.0.7 uses the Right hemisphere software embeded into it i found it quite funny having used deep exploration before(the right hemisphere bit)

first thought was i had just paid for a new piece of software which i never needed to having bothe acrobat 7 pro and deep exploration

funny how they failed to mention it when i asked about acro3d

possibly for wildfire 2.0 you will have to buy the granite plugin from right hemisphere

I don't know what engine uses Acrobat 3D but indeed is a step forward. And is good for all of us, from designers to manufacturing and marketing. Imagine to have the drawing and specification and in a small window the 3D part you can rotate it using only the Acrobat Reader 7! More, it supports JavaScript so you can extend your presentations beyond usual limits.

JKG, Acrobat 7 has many improovements over Acrobat 6. Check their site.

-Hora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back