Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADsorption chillers versus ABsorption chillers

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxstar

Mechanical
May 28, 2011
PT

foxstar (Mechanical)
(OP)
14 Oct 16 23:55
Hello Dear Fellows,
Recently I had experienced some difficulty to get some reliable technical information concerning ADsorption chillers versus ABsorption chillers.
As matter of fact,those difficulties even increased when I asked for a real and current proposal in order to supply tomy company with an ADsorption chiller for one thirty years old hotel in the scope of retrofitting process. This hotel has a very specific condition, it is nearby an hot-springs facility with geothermal water oscillating between 58ºC and 64 ºC along the year.

In principle I whould prefer the ADsorption chiller, because it can function better with lower hot-water source temperatures than the ABsorption chiller which demands temperatures higher than 80ºC. In spite of being a little more expensive, I mean the ADsorption... in relation to the ABsorption...
Three questions:
One: What do you think about "ADsorption chillers versus ABsorption chillers" ??
Two: Do you know reliable manufacturers with those mature equipments already in the market? I know the requirements of these foruns, so you can reach me through the following email: rapozzo2005@yahoo.co.uk, or by the phone, +351 968 066 863.
Three: Any other relevant hints you have, please fee to be possible to learn with you.
Thank you so much.
Soares.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have never seen an adsorption chiller but I have seen aborption systems in hospitals and in one apartment that I rented in the form of a refrigerator while in college. My suggestion, do a research in the vast land of knowledge via computers and in libraries. There has to be reasons for adsorption system not being popular; size of such units come and the ability to modulate these units instead of constant operation to mind. Freezing of water also is a peril for adsorption chillers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back