Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advanced non-linear (601) contact analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

LtSnikch

Mechanical
Jul 2, 2012
NL
Hello all,

For my graduation project I'm required to perform a non-linear transient contact analysis at this point.
I have used NX rather much but not for this type of advanced non-linear solution and I'm running into a bit of a problem.

My model consists fully of solid elements, it is neatly constrained (similar constraints do work with a static solution for example) and I have a transient force applied.
The contacts I have defined with a surface-to-surface contact constraints, applying an offset for the preload and containing a static friction coefficient of 0.5.
During the model set-up check I get a warning:

Some output requests defined for solution "Solution 2" are specified with sorting option
"Default" or "SORT2".
SORT2 sorting is not supported in ADVNL 601,129 solutions.

And trying to solve the simulation gives 1 warning and 3 fatal errors which look as follows:

NASTRAN Msg: ***ALERT: Timefunction 2 does not span the range of solution times.
***WARNING: No element connection for node 2 direction 5
NASTRAN Msg: ***WARNING: Similar warning suppressed for 20289 other nodes.
***WARNING: Nodal degrees of freedom without element
NASTRAN Msg: *** FATAL ERROR: PROCESSING OF NASTRAN DATA FAILED.
*** ADVANCED NONLINEAR EXIT CODE 0 ***
NASTRAN Msg: ^^^ USER FATAL MESSAGE
^^^ ERROR IN ADVANCED NONLINEAR MODULE 0

Total messages: 1 WARNING and 3 FATALS

I do not get the alert to be honest. I am solving 10 time steps with time increments of 1 second. My transient load also covers a timespand of 10 seconds.
Next I have tried to solve the warnings of the element connections by adding 'PARAM,AUTOSPC,YES' to my Bulk data but this does not solve the warnings.
Thus I'm stuck at this point. Does anyone have any hints wich might help me solve my problem here?

Cheers,
Lt
I do not get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back