Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Advice on Direct Bury Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

stretched2thin

Electrical
Jul 30, 2002
US
I recently purchased a radio fence for my dog and decided to mount the transmitter indoors. I had to run the antenna loop outdoors, so I decided to run the wires through the wall into an LB junction box on the outside wall. I then go down into the ground through conduit and just exit the conduit. I made the conduit 2" in diameter so that in the future I can run power from my load center in the house out to my shop.

The problem is, I don't know of a way to run both sets of wires through the conduit cleanly. I recently read where any direct buried wire needs to leave the conduit through a bushing. I doubt I'll be able to find one that fits my power cable and the two 18 gauge wires going to the radio fence antenna. Right now, I've got the buried end of my conduit filled with expanding foam to "seal" it where the conductors leave.

Is there a better way to branch these two sets of conductors off into seperate conduits or is it acceptable to allow both sets of conductors to leave the same conduit and seal it with foam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back