Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Advice Required.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_DXB

Structural
Jul 2, 2020
AE
Hi to all the gods of Structural Engineering.

I come to you today as a lonely peasant who has no experience in the essence of the engineering myth and legend that is around us on a daily basis.

I seek council on a structural issue for a new business venture that I have......

I am interested in engaging with a structural engineer who may be able to review a design that we have measuring 5m (W) x 5m (D) x 2.5m (H)

Basically I need to understand if our design with specific regards to the roof structure can support our sandwich panel @ 27.4kg/m2 as well as maximum snowfall weight regulations (60kg) as set by UK Building and Planning regulatory body.

Our frame structure is made of a galvanized steel tubes each measuring 1000mm in length. These are joined using ball clip couplers.

The reason for this design is that I require my frame to be man portable, easy to assemble and be interchangeable at 1 Meter intervals. I.E 5m x 5m/4m x 4m/3m x 5m etc

I am interested to speak with any Structural Engineer moving forward in order to obtain a consultancy proposal for review and advice on our current design.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Thank you muchly,
Kind regards
Ryan

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2b8c2e81-9e06-4beb-8247-49d83dc3a3fa&file=sandwich-panel-spa-e-life-energy-en-gb.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back