Advise on what type of valve is this 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danlap

Mechanical
Sep 17, 2013
NL
Good day respected valve practitioners,

Does anybody knows what type of valves is this?
valve_ws2jmp.png

How does the OS&Y concept for example gland tightening, etc.? Is there any review of its valve performance?
How do they did the welding so seamless-ly?

Maybe I've been in refinery for too long now :)

Thank you in advance for the feedback..

Kind regards,
Danlap

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I strongly suspect this is a fake designed to look like what some art designer thinks pipes and valves should look like.

Makes no sense to have 4 inline valves, the flanges look very thick, yet have very few bolts, there are no stamps or markings on the valve which must be some sort of reduced bore valve if it is even a valve. Also a long span between supports.

Basically looks all wrong to me

Happy to be proved wrong...

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

I'm definitely no expert, but I'd tend to agree with LI.

To me those "valves" look like someone modeled an unreinforced tee and basically put a handwheel on top. It could be my eyes playing tricks, but it also looks like the handwheels are different angles with respect to the pipe. In the front pipe we can see, the two handwheels look off. It looks like bad photoshop to me.

I agree with the artist rendering theory. A couple of things to add to the list of wrongness is the bolt hole pattern is arranged so that one bolt is top dead center of the valve, and there are no relief fittings for bleeding off pressure trapped behind a closed seat. The bodies also appear to be manufactured using an extrusion die process like a tee, but there is no weld for the bonnet flange. The addition of a film grain/general blurriness to the image make me think this was done to blend the real desert image with the rendered piping, and make it seem less jarring.

Thanks guys for the fast feedback.
Not in possession of the brochure myself, excuse for my naiveness.
I often forgot that we now live in a different era. In addition to that, a believer that valve (apart from hydrogen development) will not see much design development in the next 10-20 years, let alone cosmetically as in this picture.

Lesson learned.

Thx

And someone didn't do their QA on the photo.

There is no way Shell would normally allow such a crappy pipe support to be pictured, with one at 45 degrees and about to collapse into the small ditch!!

I know it's fuzzy, but you see what I mean.

Screenshot_2023-01-19_150416_egxn9r.jpg

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back