Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aeroelasticity examples in MSC Nastran/Patran 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorisGeorgiev93

Nov 1, 2015
GB
Dear all,

Hello.

Please, I would like to ask for a piece of advice.

I am doing my university individual research project on a topic related to the Aeroelastics of a high aspect ratio wing of a commercial jetliner. Therefore, I plan to start working with the FlightLoads and Dynamics module of Nastran. According to the project work distribution, my primary task is about quantifying the wing flutter speed (understanding very well SOLUTION 145 in Nastran ), but I am more than happy to expand to actual aeroealstic analyses (SOLUTONS 144, 146 or 400).

Could anyone please let me know if there are any tutorials/videos/sample problems that may help with introducing myself to FlightLoads. So far I only managed to find 3 Nastran User Guides ( i.e. the ones for FlightLoads & Dynamics, DynamicAnalysis and Aeroelastics) from the official MSC Software company website. Initially, I hoped that there are some videos on youtube that can show some modelling examples of the Aeroelastic aspects of Nastran/Patran, but there is not much uploaded.

Anything that may help me is more than welcome!

Thank you in advance for the attention and help!

All the best! :)

Boris

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,
I know MSC offers paid Nastran training courses including for Flight Loads Analysis.

Usually they are quite expensive for an individual. Perhaps, you can either get it via your University or ask MSC for a student discount?

I think there was a video webinar available on Aeroelasticity for Femap using NX Nastran. The webinar was free and it was from a training/consultancy firm called SDA. (Google for SDA+Femap). It may be of some help.

Thanks VN1981!

I will check the training courses by MSC.

Regarding the webinar i guess that it is THIS ONE.

Currently, the university only has Nastran/Patran by the MSC Company. I see that this webinar is based on FEmap (NX Nastran) which is from the SIEMENS company. I am not entirely sure what is the difference between the 2 products, but I guess that there is no great difference, since both should run quite similar Nastran code.

Thanks again and all the best!

In future, this document may be useful to anyone who needs introduction to Flight Loads. It does not contain any great examples, but gives decent introduction to the user interface and general practices. If the link becomes unavailable in future, the document is currently contained in the folder 2008 r1 Patran Docs on the MSc website. Unfortunately, i am not able to find a more up-to-date Flight Loads user guide than this one. If anyone has any access to any, would be very nice to share it. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back