Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

After I use "Delete Face", without heal, how do I add a surface that I removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmarD90

Industrial
Oct 14, 2014
SE
In this attachment you'll see 2 flanges. I have to remove them to be able to fold out the part. I removed one flange using "Delete Face". But somehow I have to use the Heal option because it becomes like a shell when I just use delete face. I've tried using "Patch" and "Stitch" but that didn't do any good. I tried using "Delete Face" at the small transitional radius before the flange and then removing the rest of the flange but that didn't work either. I'm out of ideas.

Anyone got anything?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4de66096-62ce-4811-986b-3039eaf6adec&file=Part_23.ipt
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Because I try not to use Eng-Tips at work (where I have access to Inventor), I can't view your IPT file. If you are still looking for an answer, and can upload a screen shot that is clear enough to illustrate what the problem is, then I can take another try at it.

STF

I also do not have access to your .ipt file. When applying the Patch you have to be sure that selected edges of your geometry are closed loop. Then you should get the transitional surface that you will be able to stitch with your left faces into the single solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back