Aging Wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
a new method:

"IMAGINE wines aging not in traditional cellars but beneath the sea’s surface. In Águilas, Murcia, Bodegas Verónica pioneers this unique process, maturing wines at a depth of forty metres below the sea, where darkness and marine silence contribute to their transformation. Spearheaded by entrepreneur Pedro Martínez Cáceres, this venture requires extensive knowledge of both winemaking and marine environments."

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Being an end user, not a winemaker makes this sounds like a marketing gimmick for price gouging.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

It could be marketing...

I don't know. Other than security issues, it seems to be OK. Lack of sunlight and a uniform temperature... like a cave. There is likely more ocean than there is 'cave' space. I dunno. I thought it was an interesting article.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Mint, it would appear that failure to get approval to use the public waterway was the least of this company's problems...

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

Maybe this new attempt will do it right? It just sounded like an OK idea.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back