Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Agtek/SiteModel 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneta

Civil/Environmental
Jul 11, 2012
US
Hi, I am a Civil Engineer and I am a new user to Agtek. I took a seminar for AGTEK Earthwork 3D-day-1, but we have SiteModel 3D at work, which lets you to import CAD files not a pdf. I try to do it but I get an error. We have AutoCAD 2009, should I save it as a special dwg.? I do just import from a window and it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Aneta,

I believe you attended my Day 1 AGTEK seminar back in June of this year (CAD import is actually covered in my Day 2 AGTEK class - see my website for details). Anyway, I think your problem may be that you are running an older version of AGTEK's SiteModel 3D software ... you should download version 1.72 (the current release version) from AGTEK's website ( and see if that does not solve your problem. If you are not subscribed to AGTEK's Priority Support service (and don't have access to AGTEK's password protected download page), use your AutoCAD 2009 to convert the DWG file to an R2000/R2002 version and then try importing the resulting R2000/R2002 file into SiteModel 3D. If you can't read the source CAD file with your AutoCAD 2009, use DWG TrueView ( to perform the conversion to R2000/R2002. Hope that helps!

Michael E. Cope
Authorized AGTEK Software Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back