Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Air density temperature (in kelvin) polynomial function

Status
Not open for further replies.

EslamHafez

Mechanical
Oct 11, 2023
EG
Hello
I want the polynomial function of air density temperature in kelvin to use it in ansys fluent to model displacement ventilation that is based on natural convection

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

curve fit to the data. BTW, what is "air density temperature" ? "air density" I understand (but not in degrees Kelvin) "air temperature" in degrees kelvin makes sense. And of course degrees kelvin is the same as degrees celsius with a constant term added.

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

What's wrong with the ideal gas equation?

PV = nRT

and

[ρ] = P(MW)/RT.

IMHO, flow calculations are not so exact to justify the complexity of a polynomial fit to air density.

Good Luck,
Latexman

doesn't work well with the atmosphere, as density changes with altitude.

General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

yeah, I read the question from my perspective. But I don't think he means that. But rather changes at sealevel.

So Latexman, or SWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back