Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aircraft Electrical Systems thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHambley

Electrical
Dec 7, 2006
US
I'm sending out this "question" as a trial balloon to see how many electrical engineers are on this forum who design for the aircraft environment, i.e. which have to meet DO160, DO254, etc. It would be nice to discuss topics occasionally here instead of waiting for the SAE conference every 2 years. If there are enough people, we should start a new subcategory.

Darrell Hambley, PE
SENTEK Engineering
Seattle, WA

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hdldr...

I suggest You have Eng-Tips open an aero-forum for "Aero-Vehicle Electrical Systems and Related Issues" [power, lighting, wiring, bonding-grounding, static, lightning, circuit protection, system/component failures & failure-analysis, maintenance and testing/troubleshooting, repairs, etc]. I see great value in the forum!

I have been strongly considering asking Eng-Tips to open an aero-forum for "Airframe and Mechanical System Damage/Failures and investigations" [testing, inspection, troubleshooting, failure analysis, overload, cracking, corrosion, wear, heat, lubrication, repair, etc. My problem is lack of personal time... work on my aging aircraft is hectic [primary reason why I haven’t participated much lately].

Regards, Wil Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back