Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

- AISI code check not calculated -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The detail report for the member may give additional information. It could be lack of a P-Delta analysis (which may be required by the AISI code). It could be that the member does not meet some of the limiting b/t requirements in the AISI code.

It could be a shape that the program doesn't yet know how to do code checks on. The help file should give more details about that.

Its weird because the same member is throughout the model and it only says that for a few of them.
I'm not overly concerned because they not really structural members (as stupid as that sounds).

It's probably members that are in weak axis bending with the web in compression. They are probably violating a maximum b/t ratio for flanges (and the beam web would be considered a flange for weak axis bending) given in AISI.

What version of the program are you running? At one point, this error would occur when any minor weak axis moment put the web into compression. But, I thought we (RISA) had added some tolerance which bypassed this check for low levels of applied weak axis moment. I could be wrong about that, though. My memory on the issue isn't very clear. If you posted your model, I could tell for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back