Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Aligning Model Space, Paper Space, and Blocks. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
I'm not sure what I've done using Bricscad (Autocad work alike, and commands are very similar). I have a drawing border block that I've inserted into Paperspace. When I create a viewport using the borders and insert part of the model, the lines are slightly not parallel. Either paperspace block or the model is slightly off.

Any suggestions how to fix this so that horizontal lines are parallel?

When I check the block using a horizontal line, all is horizontal.

When I check the model, all is horizontal.

thanks, Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not knowing what Briscad can and can't do, some WAGs:

Maybe your viewport can see the model space view from a view point or view orientation NOT normal to the XY plane.
Maybe your viewport has a setting enabled that allows Perspective on 3 dimensional parts (while not necessarily enabled in model space).
Maybe the lines in model space are not actually on the XY plane.

In AutoCAD, to correct these, you would use the VIEWPORT (VPORT), VIEWPOINT (VP), and VISUALSTYLES to investigate the orientation problems, and enable COORDS to check that all model space points lie on the XY plane.

STF

Thanks SparWeb... a star for the effort... ever have that dumb as a sack of hammers feeling... I spent several hours trying to work with the USC to correct horizontal... drew lines, and lines perp, created blocks, etc and all lined up... checked 3 space, etc. What I didn't check was the the viewport I was using in model space was the same size as on my drawing sheet block... half a day wasted.

Thanks again. Spend the rest of the evening wiping the egg of my face...

Dik

SparWeb... you sure know how to make a guy feel really good... been playin' with cad for nearly 30 years.

Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back