All files getting saved instead of only changed files

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermhart

Automotive
Sep 28, 2004
US
Hello,

After converting an assembly from NX into Creo, I am keeping that assembly in its own folder structure. When I am ready, I copy the files from the folder to a single directory where all my files will end up. Then when I create a new assembly file in with the single directory of parts that I copied over and assemble the files, I save the assembly file, but it always wants to save every file in the assembly instead of just the assembly file, even though nothing has changed about the files that I copied over. Is there something that I am missing?

It was suggested that I put "save_objects changed" into my config.pro, but that has not seemed to of done anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you convert the files from NX to the same version of Creo that you are using to build the assembly?
Just like NX, Creo will update the file structure to the latest version when a file is opened. These files will be marked as modified.
Have you created relationships between the parts in the assembly file that may be driving the changes?

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Yes, I converted from NX 7.5 to Creo 2 directly and am using the same Creo 2 version to build the assemblies. Also, I have not created any relationships between any parts and assemblies.

It's possible that save_objects changed has a different value in config.sup which is preventing you from changing the setting.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Sadly, I have no idea what config.sup is. I did a search for that in my startup folder and my install folder with no luck. Do you have any extra information you can provide regarding that? Perhaps where that file would be or if I need to make it myself, where it should go and what it should contain.

Config.sup is a system wide configuration file in the <Creo_loadpoint>/text folder. It function similar to a config.pro file but settings in it cannot be overwritten by a usre's local config.pro file. The .sup extension is short for SUPervisor.
I place certain commands in there that I do not want my users to change, like the default_web_browser being set to my Windchill system.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Unfortunately, I do not have a config.sup file anywhere within my install of Creo. And we do not have any kind of setup that governs our settings for the few users that we do have on Creo.

In that case Config.sup settings are not causing your problem. Like most potential configuration files, Pro/E does not include them by default. They are just text files so you can create them with any text editor. You can always go into your current settings and see what Pro/E thinks is the current value of save_objects.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back