Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allen Bradley 1784-PCMK Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcaudill

Electrical
Jan 20, 2003
US
I have tried nearly every Board Address setting in the RSLinx 1784-PCMK device configuration dialog box and all of them seem to conflict with other addresses used by the computer. Also, no matter what I set the Board Address to, when I reboot the Board Address always goes back to EC00.

PC Specs:
IBM Thinkpad 600, Windows NT service pack 6, Card Wizzard V.5.00.13, RSLinx OEM V2.31.00.

I have checked the Windows NT Diagnostics Resource settings forwards and backwards. In the Memory allocation it shows my ABKT card and the Address 000EC000-000ECFFF. I can not find any other hardware that are using this memory range.

Does someone know of any utilities to work with NT that can find available memory ranges? Has anyone experienced this problem and figured out a way to solve it?

P.S. Board Address EC00 used to work. It would appear somewhere along the line something has taken over that memory range, but I can not determine what it is.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm glad you got it working. You may also want to upgrade to Windows 2000 to make your life a bit easier with the PCMK card. Windows 2000 supports plug & play whereas NT does not.

Viper62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back