Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allen Bradley IMC 4100-234

Status
Not open for further replies.

controltestguy

Electrical
Mar 10, 2004
US
I have an Allen Bradley IMC 4100-234 4-AXIS drive controller connected to a 1391BESAA22AQB SERVO asnd connected to a 1326AB motor. I'm using a pre-engineered cable AB 4100CCAQB cable for feedback and servo control. We're using GML software

Axis #0 and #1 check out fine when I do the motor/encoder test. For some reason, I can't duplicate the same results on axis #2 & #3. The results are the same for #2 & #3. The motor rolls over slow on the motor/encoder test. When I go to direct drive control in GML, I can start the motor, but can't shut it down. The only way it shut's down is if I disable the feedback for #2 (or #3)

I know this is not much to go on, but if I could start a dialog with someone who is familiar with this setup, it would be a big help. I've worked with this setup for several days and have swapped power suppplies, expansion boards, main board, etc. Still get same result. Is there anything special about axis #2 & #3 that require different parameters, etc?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

CTG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back