Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Allowable Lateral Resistance of Caltrans Standard CIDH Piles

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWEngineer

Civil/Environmental
Jul 3, 2002
US
I am trying to figuere out the Allowable Lateral Resistance of Caltrans Standard CIDH Piles located on B2-3 of the Caltrans Standard Plans. On the Caltrans Memo To Designers 3-1*December 2000 on page 2 it references Article 4.5.6.5.1 of the Bridge Design Specifications, AASHTO 16 Edition, 1996).

I did a search an tried to find that referece but was not able to. I have the Standard Specifications For Highway Bridges, AASHTO 16th Edition, 1996)and it discusses Lateral Loads on Piles but does not specify the allowable lateral loads.

I have a Bridge Planning and Design Manual, 1972 and it calls out the lateral loads on the piles but I am trying to find this info in a newer reference.

Appreciate your feedback and help.

THANKS

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks, That helps. I think the Memo To Designers December 2000 has an error in the reference because I looked at another Memo from another year and it had the correct reference.

THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back