Allowable of TDS in the groundwater used in soil compaction before construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

h-badawy

Structural
Jan 8, 2015
SA
Dear experts
I am a client engineer, and i got letter from the contractor that he wants to use the source of water ground table in the soil compaction, and i have a doubt in the quantity of total dissolved solid and Cl And Sulfate in this water ,in the other hand the client need a prof from any international codes and standard in any case of either accept or reject the contractor proposal.
Herein the test of sample from the well which shall be used for water source
Please advice if there is any reference
B5F5437D-3EFB-47D8-876C-2AEBCD68FEBA_vyifxd.jpg

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ontario standard 501
Water
Water shall be free of contaminants that could adversely affect fill material or the environment.

Is the water in a contamination plume or process water?
Is it reasonable to expect that the water source will interact with your fill materials?

ASTM C1602 / C1602M - 18
Standard Specification for Mixing Water Used in the Production of Hydraulic Cement Concrete

has nothing to do with compaction
unless the water is hazardous to humans or the environment, it is probably acceptable for moisture conditioning and dust control of earthwork

It's ground water that's going...back in the ground. I'm not seeing the problem, especially the TDS - total dissolved solids. Why would it matter how much solids are in water that's being mixed in with...solids? I guess if it was really high, it could interfere with the operation of the pumps, but at 0.22% I don't see an issue there.

Rod Smith, P.E., The artist formerly known as HotRod10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back