Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ALTA/Topo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClemsonVet

Civil/Environmental
May 12, 2016
US
What is the going rate for survey in the South? It appears that folks are overly busy and are all charging 2 times what they were just a few years ago. what are you seeing out there per acre?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That is hard to answer by itself. I know the days of the two-man crew are pretty much over, but a robo-gun, a single person and truck is still going to cost nearly as much. I would think that for field work you would have at least 1/2 day, plus back end office support. What numbers are you and were you seeing? As an engineer, we typical price services as T&M with an estimate. Putting someone into a Lump Sum typically increases the cost to hedge any unknowns.

EEa, we usually get lumpsum prices. i was usually successful at assuming that a topo survey would cost 1200-1400 an acre and similarly another 1400 per acre for the ALTA. I'm sure that boundary survey such as Alta should be priced more on the length of the property line.. Anyway was checking if anyone had good way to estimate the price. I think surveyors are so busy now that they are asking high fee's because they already have a backlog of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back