Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

alternate part in parts list

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWJR

Military
Jul 16, 2013
US
Hello,

I'm trying to customize a repeat region parts list to display two items with the same find number, one being the preferred one and one being an alternate. See attachment for an example of what I'm trying to do. Normally in Pro/E every item has a unique find (item) number, whether the system sets it or whether you perform a "fix index". I see no way to show two components with the same find (item) number. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ca6aac6b-a92e-4520-b2d8-42e2554de558&file=pats_list_table.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm reasonably sure that you can't do that.

One way around it is to add an extra column to your repeat region, and set it as a comment cell. You can then call the column Alternative, and manually add the alternative. With the comment column being part of the repeat region, when Creo/Wildfire re-organizes the repeat region, the comment stays with the part.

Found a solution, involving adding a couple of parameters to the items I want with the same find number, along with some relation statements in the repeat region. It's a little messy, but it will get me through this time. Still looking for a cleaner solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back