Alternative for PULS AutoPipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

marchieV

Mechanical
Mar 18, 2016
AU
Hello.

I just want to know, what is the alternative I can use in CAESAR II for the PULS's Autopipe program made by Bentley?

I have seen a report generated from PULS and it looks like a Modal frequency table from CAESAR II. I wonder what's the difference of it because as far I know the Autopipe program itself can also generate Modal frequency.

Thank you.

Regards,

marchie

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

CAESAR II 2018 now includes BOS 31 Essentials.
* A spectral dynamic analysis of hydraulic loads for displacements, reactions, and stress.
* Assesses displacements and mechanical and acoustic natural frequencies, and vibration factors.
* Reviews factors that ASME B31.3 2016 (Para. 301.5) notes should be monitored in a piping system.

The first step in this calculation is to use the commercial version of BOS B31 and for the user to put in the main running speed. BOS B31 evaluates acoustically the harmonics of that running speed at an amplitude that assumes that it satisfies API 618. The convenient thing about BOS B31 is that the dynamic stresses are combined with the steady state stresses for a Code check – and displacements and reaction loads are produced.

If the user wants a detailed compressor analysis – then the BOS B31 model can be used with BOS PULS. BOS PULS is the DRG competitor to the Bentley program.

Mitch Sklar
Hexagon PPM (CAS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back