Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Amada FO laser head help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ausman

Industrial
Oct 5, 2008
AU
Hi all,

I'm hoping some can assist with some questions i have Re the Amadao FO laser heads.

I just recently purchaed an Amada FO, has the WACS option but didn't come with the WACS head.

Now i beleive there is also an ECO head as well, i didn't get this one with the machine either.

Can you guys tell me what the ECO head actually does? i believe it allows for high speed peircing in thicker plate? is this true?

Do you guys use WACS if you have it on your Amada machines?

Should i spend the time & money tracking down both the WACS & ECO heads for my machine?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers
Kane

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would certainly spend the money for an ECO Head since this is mostly used for what you described, high speed piercing on thick plate up to 0.5" (12.5 mm). The WACS Head is nice to have small features on thick plate (0.5" to 1.0") like a 0.375" hole in 0.75". It is a bit cumbersome to use since you have to run a WACS Calibration Program (or Utility on the AMNC-PC Control), as well as calibration Program but if used properly it works wonders.

The ECO Head has air coming out of the cone to help cool the nozzle as well as for piercing and blowing spatter away, the nozzles are also different, they look like a mushroom. I have seen many customers ditch the HS-98 Head for this one to cut all their materials whether stainless, aluminum or steel. My experience for the HS-98 Head was mostly for cutting thin materials at speed since the cone is taller and more tapered and it doesn't collide as much with parts or cutouts that tip up.

Hope this helps.

Hi msandoval,

Thanks for the info, i can easilly purchase new WACS or ECO cones, seems i can't get the rest of the head easily or reasonably priced.

i will keep an eye out on Ebay.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back