Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Amercoat 1403

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalz

Dec 2, 2002
NZ
I am trying to source an accepted aeronautical alt for Amercoat 1403. This is to seal cork floats on vent valves in jetfuel. I am trying to find info on Amercoat (contacted PPG) but maint manual says Amercoat or equivalent maybe PR1005L will suffice. Any ideas????

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

katz... I think I speak for a fair number of us... what the heck is Amercoat 1403????? Spec??? Company data sheet???

Regards, Wil Taylor

This product is specified in NA03-10ABG-39 (para 6e) maint manual for overhaul of dual float and vent valves fitted to P3A,B Orion aircraft. If I had the spec and data sheets that would be handy. Since these floats are cork and submerged in Jet fuel (JP5) and appear to have some flexible varnish coat (Amercoat 1403 per maint manual) I have approached PPG whom deal with Amercoat finishes via their website but as yet have no reply. I was just asking whether any of you guys have had reason to overhaul these assys and recoat the cork floats.
It does state or equivalent in manual.

Kal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back