Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Amine loading value

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisaffari

Chemical
Feb 3, 2009
IR
Hi dears,
I am a new member in this forum.
I apologize for my English language.
I have a question about amine regeneration unit design.
What is the best value for lean and reach amine loading (mol H2S/mol MDEA) for amine regeneration unit (stripper column) design?
what is your idea about this parameter?
I thank all friends in advanced.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Varies between companies, but the following is reasonable for MDEA:

Lean AG loading = 0.01 mol/mol max
Rich AG loading = 0.40 mol/mol max

Lean solvent loadings for MDEA are in the range <0.005 mol/mol, while rich solvent loadings depend on the operating pressure of absorber (and corresponding acid gas partial pressure). One should never exceed the value of 70% of theoretical equilibrium at given conditions, in spite of the fact that rich amine loading sometimes can be even higher than 1. For pure MDEA at elevated pressures, these values can reach 0.5-0.6 mol/mol, with 0.5 mol/mol being recommended as the safety operating limits.

the best depends on your specifications of your treated gas and at what corrosion rate you believe is economics. There are to many questions to be answered. .01 lean won't work if you need 1 ppm CO2 specification. .4 rich loading isn't always achievable under a lot or absorber conditions.

Hello,

Usually the know-how company will advise the recommended loadings.
We are using DEA with lean 0.005 and rich 0.3 mol/mol.

regards,
roker

Firs of all, Best regards for your attention to my question.
So, thank you so much for your data.
Please let me know if, which design parameter shall been considered for determination of Amine Loading?

Operating pressure and temperature of both streams. gas compositions and tray design, it already installed. The includes number of trays, weir height, type tray, flow pattern, percent cut, diameter, other tray data.

Then things like percent slip of CO2 desired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back