Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AMS 2770, Aging 7075-T6 to T76

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHagood

Aerospace
Sep 9, 2022
US
Needing confirmation on the process to age some 7075-T6 sheet to T76. It looks like since material is already T6 temper, per table 7 of AMS 2770 it would just require 16-18hrs at 325 degrees. Is this correct?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To be more clear. I'm trying to understand if the material has to have solution heat treatment again or just go through the aging treatment.

BHagood... or should I say... ‘btoyarzo’... straight talk-to-you...

This specification states EXACTLY WHAT TO DO, IF you have heat treating skills/knowledge.

This website cannot train You to understand aluminum-alloy heat treat fundamentals... There are plenty of books/publications/classes/etc for 'learning'.

We can only provide professional insights into topics that 'You have some fundamental understanding/orientation in/about'. It is obvious You need to know a lot more basics, before our detailed advice would be make sense and be useful.

NOTE1. With fundamental HT knowledge, the answer I gave You would be self-evident answer to your question.

Regards, Wil Taylor
o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back