Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AN/MS/NAS hardware CAD parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutboy17

Feb 6, 2003
US
Does anyone know of a toolbox module, addon for SolidWorks that you could enter a AN/MS/NAS hardware part number and a part file is generated. I know there is the Smart Fastener function, but when you use a fastener from that toolbox the BOM part number is a generic fastener description and I need AN/MS/ or NAS part number callouts.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That would be a great Gold Partner idea but to my knowledge it doesn't exist. As an aerospace/mil/defense supplier we are required IAW AS9000 (customer) to have all current AN/NAS/MS specs for hardware, raw material, and processes that is installed in our systems. So with that said I model all fastners....it's a pain

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 4.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

"There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be much diminished by a nice cup of tea" Bernard-Paul Heroux

Hi guys,

What about the addon "SolidMech", I don't know what the latest version is....but this addons looks like somehting 4 you...

Hope this helps

colombo75

Industrial Designer
SW2005 SP4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back