Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Design? 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

glee

Electrical
Feb 21, 1999
US
Just wondering if any Analog/Mixed Signal designers lurk<br>
around here? I'm new to this discussion site, and there<br>
doesn't seem to be much activity (assuming I'm set up<br>
correctly). Anyway, give a holler if you're out there,<br>
and/or if you know of other more active discussion sites<br>
on Analog/Mixed Signal design issues. Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not into a whole lot of analog design but I am here and also waiting to see some activity around here.

I am also an analog designer. You are right in the sense that it doesn't seem to be much activity around here. I have a little experience and I would be glad to help. Mean while anybody knows details about HDSL modems ?

I just subscibed to this forum. I am myself and Analog & RF designer. Alot of experience in Medical field in surgical units.<br>
<br>
I like to see some activities also.

I am new to this area. Looks well organized (I like the threadminder format), but not too much going on. I find most 'discussion' sites are similar. Does anybody know of some good engineering discussion websites? Somebody needs to start asking questions....

Hey,<br>
RF Globalnet has some activity in several areas. This format is very good and much better than any other site. It would be nice to get more people involved here. I was just out to California, where they were telling me about the lack of "real" RF engineers (their words, so don't shoot me). They find many today just 'hookup' some of the rf chips but have dificulty doing a descrete design.<br>

Yep... being a "Real" RF Engineer of 25 years, I get a bit disappointed in the the current design trends of "Plug and Play" circuits. At this rate, all the "REAL" rf design will done done at MMIC facilities and Foundries. I also host a web site for RF Types... Or - Stop by for a visit if you get a change. <br>
<br>
I too like this forum for communication... I think the site is fairly new, So I'll watch it for a while before giving up. -Robert Griffith -

I'm an analog engineer with most of my experience in power conversion, but some in EMI, RF, and other electronics. I know a number of good analog engineers and will tell them about this forum. Maybe we can get it going.

Hello All<br>
<br>
Have just joined this forum. Rather dissapointed to note so little activety - with postings separated by several months!<br>
I am experienced in analog, proximity sensors, power electronics, embedded systems, hardware and such and am really keen to see this forum work for everyone and will attempt my level best to be of assistance/benefit to all - I am sure you guys feel the same.<br>
I HAVE A QUERY:<br>
need to do some passive power-factor correction...International Rectifier has an app.note AN998 which mentions a technique called "Valley-Fill Passive PFC".A reasonable thorough search of the literature and the not highlighted further info. Would be most appreciative for any comment regarding this technique - performance, optimisations, etc.<br>
<br>
Regards<br>
<br>
Russell Fowler<br>
Cape Town, South Africa

Hello ALL<br>
I also have just joined. I am an EMC design engineer and glad to see there are so many people starting to show an interest in this site.<br>
I have done EMC testing on most things and have been working the other side of the fence (design) for a few years now. Will be interested to hear from any of you.<br>
<br>
Colin Kerr<br>
Tranent<br>
Scotland

Hi fellows,<br>
Sorry about the low input.<br>
I'm not an experienced engineer like most of you,<br>
but I have some years of servicing a variety of<br>
electronic equipment. My "hunger" and greatest<br>
desire is to learn circuit design. So far I have<br>
an AS in Electronic Engineering Technology, and<br>
I'm presently trying to finish up a BS in Electrical/<br>
Mechanical Engineering Technology while working and trying to raise a family, it's tough!, but I'm not about to give<br>
up. I did work for a while as an Engineering Aid, but<br>
I still have a lot to learn. I joined this forum hoping<br>
to learn something from you pros,and I'll try to throw<br>
my two cents in whenever possible. I have a lot to ask,<br>
but let me get my notes together first.<br>
<br>
In the mean time lets hear from you pros! How about<br>
picking a topic in you area of specialty and just writ<br>
something you would like to share with the rest of us?<br>
It migt be a good way to get some action in this forum!<br>
What do you think guys?<br>
<br>
Rocky

Hi I'm a professor at Cal Poly University. I'm looking for a project for six senior electronic students. Do you have a problem they can try to solve for you over a period of 9 months?<br>
<br>
rfrank<br>
<br>

Hello to All,<br>
This seems to be the kind of discussion group I was looking for. Most of the other groups I've looked at are the &quot;do you know where to find&quot; and &quot;help, how do I do this&quot; kind, which are fine but I was looking for overall discussions of just about anything electronic. In my wanderings I've found forums at the following sites, all are darnell.com<br>
powerquotes.com<br>
edtn.com<br>
edn.com<br>
You may have to dig into the sites to find the forums, but the specific URLs are long, and I might mis-type them. <br>
Happy Surfing,<br>
Techmom

Am a visitor today.&nbsp;&nbsp;I am an EE (analog and digital, no RF) currently working in sewer/wastewater instrumentation (how did I get here?).<br><br>How would I send a schematic or pdf file in a response?<br><br>I'll keep an eye here for a while.<br>k

The best to to start a discussion is by asking a question.

For RFOWLER re. passive PFC: It's not cost effective over 100W or so, depending on the technique. Contact me hqpower@sonic.net is you want a low cost high efficiency design.

I'm surprised to find so many RF experts on this thread. I need a transmitter/receiver 900 MHz set design. Any interested expert? I'm a power conversion expert. My claim to fame is the most efficient audio amplifier, and highest audio performance too.

I also need to get CE spec for electrical equipment. MY power supply design need to pass such as test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back