Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analysis of Steel Frame in Ansys Workbench 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi007

Mechanical
Dec 7, 2009
GB
I am currently attempting to analyse a simple frame using ansys Workbench(see link below)

I am wondering if it can be done using "line bodies" with "beam elements"??
At the moment I cannot find a satisfactory way to "release the moments" at certain vertices in order to transfer the load along the correct “load path”

I was wondering if anyone else had undertaken a similar project and had success in Ansys Workbench.

It seems to be possible in Ansys Classic, but I would prefer to use Ansys Workbench.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure how to do end releases in Workbench. However, there is an option in Workbench to insert ANSYS Classic commands, so you could just insert the ANSYS Classic commands you need to release the moments.

Thanks Terio. I will investigate that option.

I'm curious to know, has anyone one else modelled a large steelwork frame in workbench? And if so what was their method. Workbench seems more set up for solid analysis.

But then again. A good workman never blames his tools...

kiwi007

Set your analysis requirements in the project window then your structure has to be modeled with line elements. WB certainly has this capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back