Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animation-Delayed cam action

Status
Not open for further replies.

nithinv

Mechanical
Mar 21, 2015
IN
Hi All,

I have an assembly with delayed cam which I want to animate to check movements. The problem I'm facing is to keep the block stationary until the cam touches block's angled face. Once after the cam's face touches blocks, block should move proportional to cam movement.

I've tried to give you a more clear picture with attached image. Below are the stages a=shown in that pic:

STAGE 1: Cam and block in its original position. There is 14.0 mm gap between cam and block while measuring in Z direction (Cam's moving direction).

STAGE 2: Cam moves towards Z+ direction. The block remains stationary until cam moves 14.0 mm (or until it touches block's angled face.

STAGE 3: Cam moves further in Z+ direction. But this time block moves proportionally to -Y direction as the gap between cam and block became 0.

Hope the query is clear. Please give me a solution.

Thanks in advance,
Nithin

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=cd4f8ed4-f771-4e04-9dee-209ca22bbebe&file=DELAYED_CAM.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back