Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animator Jerks 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeSimulacra

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2003
US
I've got to make a "Movie" today to send to a client. I've got an acceptable finished movie but would like to do two things. #1 Decrease the jerkiness and #2 have the "movie" pause longer at key points. The following are my parameters/settings.
I'm using a "Large" assembly as my subject and have set it to lightweight. I'm spinning the assembly, opening doors, then showing part progression as it is moved through various operations. Some of the movements are done in the background using sub-assemblies and some are done through suppression of mates in assembly. I'm using SW's "Screen Capture “with the following settings:
> "First options screen" Image Size "Screen"<default>, Renderer "SolidWorks screen", Frame Info "1.5" per second, Save as "AVI"
> "Second options screen" Compression quality "85", Key frames set to "2" <- (this helped jerkiness somewhat, changed from "8", seems to be a good compromise between workability and finished product on my machine).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated but I must finish this today so can’t buy or learn new products.

Thanks in Advance!
DeSimulacra

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Scott,
Do you also have an answer to creating a "pause". I presentily am zooming in/out slowly to create a longer time on subject.

Sincerely,
DeSimulacra

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but I though that DeSimulacra might be able to answer my question. When you are working with your assembly how do you prevent the doors, when opening and closing, from rotating to far and disapearing into other parts. I am working with a assembly that contains 3 axis movement on slides. But my problem is that when moving they continue past the end block of the slide. I want them to stop at the end block. I know this is possible with "Stop on Impact" but that must be reset everytime I exit out of "Move Part". I am looking to set perminant constraints.

Any Help
Thanks

spee
I agree with Scott, sounds like the limit mate should do the trick.

To anyone following this thread my solution to decrease the jerkiness was simple in the end. My computer will turn the assembly smoothly without screen capture but with SC on it jerks. To help I adjusted the settings of my video card and turned off realview (not sure turning off realview helped that much). I also slowed my mouse pointer and wheel speeds way down. The frame rate didn't seem to make much difference as screen capture only takes a "picture" when something changes on the screen. In the end I left it at 15 f. With these settings I could move the assembly in very small increments allowing for the illusion of a smooth picture. To make some moves I had to go to a sub-assembly window, make a move, go back to the assembly window, go back to sub-assembly, make a move… (yes I know about dissolving sub-assemblies-didn't work well-too many parts?). This is time consuming but produces a nice product.
The pauses were created using software "Roxio easy media creator 7" This software also allowed me to add titles, blends, music and voice for a professional looking video.
Thanks all for the help, I think we sold this machine concept.

DeSimulacra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back