Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Another name for a Yard Inlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Structer01

Structural
Apr 30, 2022
US
I am trying to find another name for what we always called a Yard Inlet. It is an inlet that captures stormwater flowing along the ground (not pavement) and has a 4'x4' concrete pedestal top with throat openings all the way around it on each side. This is a big ugly thing, not one of those little plastic grate inlets sometimes used on golf courses. I need a detail of this inlet and can't find anything under the name Yard Inlet. What else would they be called? And, if you know where I can find a detail of such an inlet it would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Each structure goes by a thousand different names, depending on your location. You are describing what I have heard called a side open inlet.

The described structure is similar to a storm water management structure. You could send a sketch to your local precast supplier, and a side inlet.sk what they have "off the shelf" that is similar.
Screenshot_from_2024-07-07_12-43-12_wfhuui.png

VDOT SWM-1 shown. These are most often applied to retention ponds, but could be applied to surface drainage if cast without the

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back