Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ANSI standard for electrical schematics thought it was y32

Status
Not open for further replies.

css

Mechanical
Oct 16, 2002
US
I would like to purchase ANSI electrical symbol standards for creating electronic schematics on our engineering documents. I thought the standard was y32 (Graphical Symbols) but it seems to have been broken down into several smaller packages ie. ANSI Y32.3.3 piping y32.2.4 hvac etc...
I can't sem to find the one specifically for general electronic circuitry such as resistors, relays, power supplies, switches etc..
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The ASME standards deal with mechanical schematics and piping. For the electronic stuff, you want t see the IEEE standards. The following is a "short list" of some of the ones you might be looking for:

IEEE 91 Graphic Symbols for Logic Function
IEEE 91a Supplement for Graphic Symbols for Logic Function
IEEE 200 Reference Designations for Electrical an Electronic Parts and Equipment
IEEE 260.3 Mathematical Signs and Symbols for Use in Physical Sciences and Technology
IEEE 315 Graphic Symbols for Electrical and Electronic Diagrams
IEEE 315a Graphic Symbols for Electrical and Electronic Diagrams (Supplement)
IEEE 991 Logic Circuit Diagrams

The standards can be purchased from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 445 Hose Lane, P.O. Box 1331, Piscataway, NJ 08855

I'm sure that the can also be purchased via a website, but I don't happen to have that info at this time.

Hope this helps

GDT GUY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back