Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANSI STANDARDS FOR CIVIL ENGINEERING DRAWINGS PLANS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsuerte

Structural
Oct 15, 2015
AR
anyone knows if there is any standards or normative for civil engineering drawing plans? (ex: structural, architectural, civil drawings)

I heard the ANSI STANDARDS are used for drafting Standards Manual, but i don't know if those are useful for civil engineering drawing. (ex: ASME/ANSI Y14.1M, ASME/ANSI Y14.2M, ASME/ANSI Y14.3M, ASME/ANSI Y14.5M, ASME/ANSI Y14.100.

Please I need your help.

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You mean the National Cad Standards? or the National Engineering Handbook Link standards? or the USACE A/E/C Cad Standards?
Your company should already have drafting standards that are geared specifically for illustrating plans according to your discipline. Does everyone in your outfit do their own thing and you're looking for a little order & consistency?

thank you sacpeEengineer, and yes, I´m looking for an order and also an international normative, specially in drawing plans.

Basically what i´m looking for is that all the drawing plans we do (electrical, civil, architecture and structural plans), anyone can read it worldwide.

An engineer from EEUU recommended me the ANSI (American National Standards Institute), they manage almost all the standards manuals and normative, but I know that only works for EEUU, so I need to Know all the standards for drawing useful for Europe and Asia.

by the way thank you so much for your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back