Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ANSI Y14.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpavlab

Mechanical
Oct 7, 2006
US
Does anyone know of a website that would give informatio regarding the ANSI Y14.5 codes, I've had little luck in finding info on these specs.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Look for ASME 14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing; or ASME Y14.5.1 Mathmatical Definition of Dimensioning and Tolerancing Principles. You need to buy the standard or use in a library.

Poetic - eh?

Richard Bach, a former Iowa Air Guard pilot, said his best-selling book about a free-wheeling seagull was inspired by Mr. Johnny Livingston.

Johnny Livingston, as he was known, moved many years ago from Iowa to Florida. He was one of the country's top pilots during the barnstorming days of the nineteen-twenties and thir­ties.

I acquired that label as a twenty-something private pilot flying a 1942 Taylorcraft L2 in the early '70's. I stopped flying when I got married and bought a house. I added it back when I started participating in a pilot's web forum.

I started flying in my late teens, early 20's, during the late 80's. Then I got married and bought a house, so I had to stop flying. The second child is potty trained as of this weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with no accidents) so my diaper fund is going back over to flying. Hopefully I'll get my medical current by the end of the year and find a local flying club.

I bet you're a little surprised that I recognized the title of the book. I think it is even still on my bookshelf. I had to read it during my undergrad.

--Scott

I guessed that you were a pilot when you asked. I included the background data from the book for those who might have been clueless regarding Jonathan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back